Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Shaun Wright-Phillips is tough

Since returning from Chelsea, Shaun Wright-Phillips has consistently been one the bright spots of the club and flourished within Mark Hughes system. However the English international has also felt the wrath of opposition defenders not shy of rough play:

“I do get kicked a lot - but I take that as a compliment and just get on with it.

“My philosophy is that if I can run I can play. When you play like I do then you get used to being kicked, I don’t think it’s any worse now than at any other times in my career. I just accept what comes my way, I’m always confident that I can get the better of anyone over a period of time

“You get it in one match and then the next it starts all over again. It gets to the point where you almost get immune to it.

“I do spend a lot of time between games getting treatment but touch wood there has been nothing serious so far.”