Friday, January 2, 2009

Roque Santa Cruz waits for the offer

With the deal to bring Chelsea’s Wayne Bridge to Man City reaching the final stages, most assume Blackburn’s Roque Santa Cruz will be the next major push of Mark Hughes. While being interviewed on the radio the Paraguay international commented he has yet to hear anything concrete:

“It seems that the circumstances needed for me to be transferred are going in a good direction, but everything is a rumour until now.

“It is forbidden to talk with the clubs directly, so I do not know a lot about it. I know that they are going to make a proposal, but I do not know the terms.”

He added: “Now it is a matter of time. We will see.

“The important thing, at the end, is that Blackburn and I are happy. There is a long way ahead until the market closes and I am fully committed with Blackburn and I will continue working with joy here.”