Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nigel de Jong DEAL DONE!

The deal to bring Nigel de Jong to Manchester City from Hamburger SV has been finalized with a rumoured fee of €19.5m.

The 24-year-old Netherlands international signed a four year agreement with the club and is leaving for Tenerife training camp shortly. He said via the club web-site:

“I feel very good and for me it is the next step in my own career after three years in Germany and I hope to be successful here at Manchester City.

“The ideas and the planning behind this Club are very hopeful and it’s a new adventure so I’m delighted to be here right now.”

“The Stadium looks great and I think it can only be better when it’s full of people.

“I’m looking forward to playing here and everybody knows that the Premier League is maybe the biggest competition in the world.”