Thursday, January 15, 2009

Côte d'Ivoire international Arthur Boka resigns with VfB Stuttgart

Even though his contract with VfB Stuttgart was not set to expire till the end of next season, Arthur Boka signed a extension that will keep him with VfB for another two years.

As per the club web-site the Côte d'Ivoire international said of life in Stuttgart:

"I'm almost always in good form and a positive person but of course I'm delighted about the contract as I really want to stay in Stuttgart.

"I have been here for almost three years now and I feel really at home. In the first year we won the championship right away. In the following season things did not go so smoothly, but we want to return to previous winning ways. As of late, we have improved. We have ambitious goals and I want to play my part.

In signing with VfB he revealed there were offers from Tottenham and interest from French clubs but when asked if tempted, he replied:

"No. As I said, I feel at home in Stuttgart and hope to achieve a lot with VfB. With that in mind, it was clear to me that I would extend my contract and not move away.

I feel very much at home here, I've made a lot of friends and absolutely everything fits together for me here at VfB."