Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Robinho is “committed to helping Manchester City”

As noted previously that Robinho had not walked out on Manchester City and all reports suggesting that were pure fabrication, the soon to-be birthday boy stated via his official web-site:

“I would like to make it clear to the fans what the situation is, so that they can understand my decision to fly home to Brasil.”

“Earlier in the month I made Manchester City aware that I needed to return to Brasil, because of a family matter. The club agreed and I was grateful to them for this.”

“Up until yesterday it was my understanding that the club had no problem with my plans.”

“I feel it is important to underline that I did not return to Brasil because of the Kaka deal. He is one of my good friends and it would have been great to see him at Manchester City - but it had nothing to do with his decision to stay in Milan.”

“I will return to the club and hope to sort out this matter as soon as possible. I am committed to helping Manchester City become the force the owners assured me they will become.”