Friday, February 6, 2009

Green Whites for Germany

The Green Whites take pride in announcing that Per Mertesacker, Tim Wiese, Torsten Frings and Mesut Özil have selected by Joachim Löw for Germany's international friendly against Norway next Wednesday Düsseldorf.

This is Mesut Özil first cap for the senior squad and after turning down offers to join Turkey he said of his decision:

"I am really happy about the invitation. I want my chance in the German national team. It was not easy for me to make the decision in the last couple weeks because my family and many friends are from Turkey. This is not a decision against my Turkish roots. But my family has lived in Germany for three generations now and I grew up here, always felt welcome, and got my chance here with the junior national teams. I know that it was the right choice. I hope that I can continue my successful way this summer with the U21 national team at the European Championship. But my main goal remains to concentrate on my duties with Werder."