Friday, February 6, 2009

Jacek Krzynówek enjoying life for 96

After two seasons in Wolfsburg Jacek Krzynówek is enjoying life for 96, calling it a a "liberation."

He added:
"I spoke with my advisor, who informed me that Hannover were interested in me. Then I thought about it for three minutes and knew that, if Felix Magath would let me go, I would be happy to. It's difficult to negotiate with Felix Magath, and so I am very glad that the transfer went through."

Danish international Leon Andreasen, on-loan from Fulham is equally excited about joining die Roten. Feeling more suited towards play in the Bundesliga, he said:

"I just never got a chance (in Fulham) there. I tried hard for a year but I just couldn't do anything. The manager had practically just seen me as someone who turned up to training. So a year was enough for me."

Of Football in England he said:

"I played around 15 games there in what is a strong league. They play at a very fast tempo, and the ball spends more time in the air than here. The the players are generally really big - almost like animals! It's practically inhuman how tall they are! Everyone, from defenders to strikers. That's why they play high balls so much, except for the top 5 teams."

"Yes, my favourite role is in defensive midfield with someone alongside me. Then one player can get forward while the other sits. I like systems that employ two deep midfielders."

After defeating Schalke 04 1-0 last week, 96 face Energie Cottbus at Stadion der Freundschaft on Sunday. Die Lausitzer is in the midst of a fight to avoid relegation and will throw everything they can to get out of the bottom of the table. With only three points separating the VfL Bochum, Karlsruhe, Energie Cottbus and Borussia Mönchengladbach in the basement, this looks to be fight for the rest of the year and each club will fight to the end.

Jiří Štajner and Jacek Krzynówek are already showing a ease of working together with hope that the Polish international could be the key to unlocking 96's goal scoring problems.

Altin Lala, Jan Schlaudraff, Chavdar Yankov, Steven Cherundolo and Gaëtan Krebs will all be out of the Sundays match. Hanno Balitsch und Mike Hanke have been out of practice but look likely for the match.