Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Phillip Cocu returns to PSV

In a brilliant move, PSV has announced that Phillip Cocu will join them immediately as assistant to interim coach Dwight Lodeweges.

Presently completing his UEFA coaching certificates while working with both Bert van Marwijk side and PSV's youth development he will be a key component to the champions returning form and could be the long term solution.

He said to UEFA of the appointment:

"My coaching certificate will help me become a head coach one day. Despite the experience and knowledge of the game I gained as a player, there are a lot more things involved in coaching. So I want to take the time to develop myself further. Having a close involvement in football at the highest level is the best school one can have. I will try to tap into my experience and vision and get it across to the players while assisting the head coach."

Of the clubs immediate focus:

"Our aim is to finish as high as possible, with European football a must.

"We have to look at it game by game, and build from one result to the next. We have to raise confidence and see where it takes us."