Friday, November 28, 2008

and now Steven Taylor?

It seems things are slowly falling in line for the Magpies as along with the return of Mark Viduka, Steven Taylor looks healthy and ready to go for this Saturdays match-up against Middlesbrough at Riverside. The U21 England captain has been out since injuring his groin in the Aston Villa match but may have a bit of a fight for his spot. Joe Kinnear talked of this back-line saying:

"We were up against some of the best players in Europe at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, yet we were well organised. In fact, it was the best I have seen Habib Beye perform since I came here. But really both he and Fabricio Coloccini have done well all season, and Sébastien Bassong showed what a good player he is when he is in his normal central defensive position. And I must say I thought José Enrique handled Joe Cole as well as I have seen anybody do."