Friday, April 10, 2009

N.E.C. gets a great leader in Dwight Lodeweges

In a tumultuous year Dwight Lodeweges work will be remembered as steadying force. After Hubb Stevens short reign with PSV came to an end at the end of January the fifty-six year-old Canadian native took over and immediately repaired a number of behind the scenes issues while putting the club back into winning form.

Speaking to PSV TV of his move to N.E.C. Nijmegen he said:

"I am happy to sign the contract as soon as all details have been checked. We have already reached an oral agreement.

"I’m delighted to sign this deal. I will work together with a good team of highly capable people at one ground. A friendly club atmosphere pervades N.E.C. which hugely appeals to me.

"I will put pen to paper on the contract at the beginning of next week.

"But that will obviously have no impact at all. I’ve got a job to finish here. PSV look to book an UEFA Cup place for next season and that’s the only thing that counts."