Saturday, January 3, 2009

Elano to Lazio?

Of the many rumours this transfer season that is receiving a great deal of attention is Elano’s possible departure to Serie A side Lazio. The twenty-seven year-old midfielder who came over from Shakhtar Donetsk in the summer of 2007 for £8m is disgruntled with his lack of playing time and definitely out of favour with Mark Hughes. Along with fellow Brazilian international Jô, will be moved by Man City if the the opportunity presents itself.

While Lazio has not indicated making any contact with the Citizens yet, in speaking to Corriere dello Sport Elano said:

“I would not have any problem playing in Italy. And Lazio are a very good team.

“I can not say more, I have to speak to Manchester City. I will do it soon, then decide what to do.

“I have heard it said that Lazio would be interested. I am pleased that such a big club is tracking me.

“At the moment there are lots of things being said, I have to stay focused. I prefer not (to comment further). I am a Manchester City player and I have to give priority to my club.

“I have not talked about my future with any team.”