Friday, January 9, 2009

Lee Trundle joins Leeds

In a surprise move Leeds revealed today that Lee Trundle will join them on one month loan from Bristol City.

Simon Grayson said of the accomplished striker:

"Lee is a proven goal scorer.

"He brings something a bit different, and he has a great track record. It's good competition for places and he is a good acquisition to the squad."

The new man told Yorkshire Radio:

"I haven't played much first team this season and it's been frustrating for me.

"I'd been looking to go on loan and Leeds is a massive club. To go there, have a month, get some games in, and in front of a massive crowd...it's exciting for me.

"If it was going to be a League One club I joined on loan it would only be Leeds United. It's massive, and to have the chance to play in front of that many fans is going to be brilliant for me.

"Everything seems in place at Leeds and it's about pushing on. They were unlucky last year, but hopefully they will go one better this season.

"I hope the Leeds fans will get behind me and I hope to repay them with some goals."

"I've been working hard in training and playing reserve games. It's not the same but I have my match fitness.

"If I am involved on Saturday that will be brilliant. I've played most of my football in this division and had good times in it.

"I'm looking forward to getting back, getting some games in, and hope to bring some experience."

Given the short length of his loan, expect Leeds to press him into duty against Carlisle United on Saturday.