Friday, January 9, 2009

Charles N'Zogbia to leave

Speaking to L'Equipe Charles N'Zogbia made it clear that he is hopeful to be out of Newcastle:

"I'm at a turning point in my career.

"My agents are talking with Tottenham and Villa and, from what they've told me, Arsenal could also be in the frame.

"I have a preference for the Gunners but they are three great clubs."

"I've been here for four years. It's a club who have allowed me to discover the France youth team, and I thank them for that, but at some point you have to know how to aim higher.

"I've spoken to my bosses at the club. They know what my aims are and what I want to continue to progress. As soon as a big club knocks on the door with a good offer, I don't think they'll prevent me leaving.

"But while I'm waiting I'm continuing to train, without letting my head go down, because I am above all a professional.

"A return to France is not unforeseeable.

"But personally I have always said that my priority is to remain in England.

"It's a league which I take pleasure from and which suits me well."

In response to the situation Joe Kinnear said of the murky situation:

"I have spoken to Arsene Wenger and he said he's not interested in any of my players, so I don't know where the agent is coming from.

"We are looking into it. If it is true, then the agent is being disrespectful. He's never had the decency to explain anything to any member of this football club.

"It's laughable, to be honest. It's absolute nonsense. Charles is under contract until 2012, and I told him on day one that he was a very important player."